Code:

Friday, January 20, 2012

Fun Trays

Last week we started doing what I have named "Fun Trays."  These trays have different activities for the boys to do and so far I have changed them weekly (this is only the second week, haha).  I haven't found a good place to keep and store the trays when we're not using them.  I'd like to have a place that is accessible to the boys, but I don't want it to be something they can play with anytime.  That is my next "project." 

Here are just a few of the activities the Elliott and Oliver have been doing with the Fun Trays.


Pattern Blocks - Oliver is working on the train.   I like this set of pattern blocks because they are more like puzzles.  The pieces fit right into the board - perfect for Oliver!
 

Elliott's pattern blocks - he's working on a train, too.


Elliott and I made our own creation.  Elliott called this a rocket ship!


Elliott is making letter F with the Handwriting Without Tears Roll-A-Dough letter cards.


I helped Oliver to make a circle with his play-dough.  Oliver is saying, "Cheese!"  


The boys are playing with our homemade play-dough and their new Melissa and Doug play-dough set they received as a Christmas gift.

 
 Elliott used the Handwriting Without Tears wooden pieces to make letter "P" and he used a clothespin with a pom-pom on the end to trace the letters he made.



Oliver used the HWT letter pieces to make a road for his cars!


Elliott was using buttons for some counting and number recognition practice. 

Oliver put a few buttons on his paper because he likes to do everything Big Brother does!  He really liked dumping the buttons out of the container!

I found the number pages and play-dough shape cards on Confessions of a Homeschooler - she has such a great blog, so many resources!

No comments:

Post a Comment