Code:

Friday, August 5, 2011

Painting With Feet

We finally had a 'cooler' morning here yesterday, and by cool I mean upper 80s/lower 90s!  The boys and I ate breakfast outside on the play-set, and an unwanted visitor came and had a taste of Elliott's food!  Silly bee!  We moved to the patio only to have our little dog Rocky eat some of Oliver's oatmeal.  It was so nice outside that I knew we needed to do as much as possible while it was not a thousand and one degrees!  Here are some pics of our morning activity!

I cut open a cardboard box and squirted it with finger paint.

The boys couldn't wait to stomp in the paint!  I put them in shorts and had a bucket of water and towels on hand for an easy clean up.
They stomped and stomped and....

...they slid around a bit, too!
At some point it turned into a finger painting activity!

Elliott sat right down in the paint!

As you can see they were happily covered in paint at the end! 
This was such a fun morning!  After I wiped them off we jumped in the pool for a morning swim!  What a great way to start the day!

P.S.  There are still footprints all over our patio.  I would wash them off, but we are conserving water because of the lack of rain.  Besides, I don't really mind looking at the footprints, they are pretty cute!

1 comment: