Code:

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Alphabet Hide-N-Seek

We've been having so much fun with the alphabet lately.  A couple of days ago I had the idea to make a hide-n-seek game with letters.  I cut up some card stock and wrote an upper case letter on each piece.  I then hid 5 cards in the living room (out in the open) for Elliott to go find.  After he found the first set of letters I realized we needed a place to put them, so I wrote each letter on a big piece of paper and taped it to our back door.  I put tape on the back of the letter squares and Elliott matched them and placed them in the correct spot.  Each time he placed a letter on the paper he sang the song from Frog Street about the sound the letters make: "The A says /a/, the A says /a/, every letter makes a sound, the A says /a/."  I was pretty impressed with how many sounds he knew!  

Elliott and I took turns hiding and finding letters in the living room, doing 5 at a time, until we were completely finished.  He taped a couple of the letters upside down or backwards, but I didn't say anything because I knew it wasn't a big deal.  However, he went back later and fixed them on his own!  The paper is still hanging on our door and I'm thinking about what we're gong to do with it next!



Finding the letters.

Putting up his favorite letter (backwards!).

Getting closer to being finished!

He was happy with his work, but he still wouldn't look at the camera!



2 comments:

  1. Love this idea!! I could totally do this with Ethan!! I love that he is being shy about his work that he has done so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Arlynda! Elliott was so happy with his work he even showed the dog! Ha! I bet Ethan would love this, especially if he gets to do the hiding (since he loves to hide things so much, *wink *wink)!

    ReplyDelete