Code:

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Mommy, You're The Best Cooker!

I tried 2 new recipes tonight; a chicken recipe and a peach cobbler.  I made the Fragrant Rosemary Lemon Chicken in the crockpot, green beans, mashed potatoes and homemade rolls.  For dessert - peach cobbler!  Nom, nom, nom! 

I now know how to take giblets (is that what they're called? ewww!) out of a chicken, and I also learned how to truss a chicken!  All of this from a gal who HATES touching raw meat!  It turned out great. Elliott said, "Mommy you're the best cooker!"  You can find the recipe at thttp://hopealicious.blogspot.com/.     

This was also my first attempt at making a peach cobbler, or any cobbler for that matter!  It called for canned peaches, but we used fresh - yum!  I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out because I had to make some substitutions to accommodate our food intolerances/allergies. The boys helped me with most of the steps and they were great helpers, as always.  Oliver doesn't normally like peaches, but he ate a whole slice while we were mixing!  He's just like his brother; he likes to try the dishes out while he's making them!  After an enjoyable night outside (even though it was very HOT and HUMID) with the 6 of us (the dogs were there, too),  we came in the house to have dessert.  It was sooooo good!  MUCH better than I thought it was going to be.  That's definitely a dessert I'm going to dog-ear in the recipe book.

I caught a few pics of the boys eating the cobbler.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment