Code:

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Unconditional Love

I was driving home from the park this afternoon with my two sweet boys.  Elliott was reading a book and Oliver was just hanging out being Oliver...probably trying to take his shoes and socks off!.  Out of the back seat I hear from Elliott, "Mommy, I love you. I love you just the way you are."  So sweet!!!

I'm so glad to hear him say that - not for my sake, but for his!  Shows me he's been paying attention when I tell him that same thing!  More than anything I want my kids to know that God, their Mommy and their Daddy love them just the way they are, no matter what.  It doesn't matter how many fits they throw, how many messes they make, how many soccer goals they score, what clothes they wear, what choices they make today, tomorrow, or 20 years from now.  I will always love them.  It's so important for them to know that.

No comments:

Post a Comment